Almost everyone who visits Las Vegas needs a hotel room and there are many ways to get a lower price when booking. I’ll list them here in order of efficiency, but keep in mind that a little search effort now can help you save a lot of money on gambling or partying for later.
1. Transactions with websites
If you are only looking for a hotel room and not a flight, deal websites are the best places to find cheap prices. You can search Deal News or Slickdeals for some of the best prices in Las Vegas. To find deals related to hotels, simply enter “Las Vegas” in the search box and most of the deals found in the search will be related to hotels. I’ve seen prices for $ 69 a night at Planet Hollywood Towers and $ 39 a night at MGM Grand. Both deals are fantastic, so don’t rule out finding a large amount on a third party website.
2. Holiday packages in the southwest
This may seem surprising to people, but if the southwest serves you at your nearest airport, you can have very easy savings. When you book your hotel and flights, both the hotel and the airline subsidize their prices, which means more savings for you. I wouldn’t believe it either, because I feel that most holiday packages don’t save you much money. Fortunately, I learned quickly and booked many holiday packages from southwest.com, but only after unsuccessfully looking for a better deal.
If you want to stay in Vegas for the weekend but have flexible flight times, it’s often cheaper to leave on Monday than Sunday. You get an extra night at the hotel for less money! The main reason for this is that flights on Mondays are usually cheaper than flights on Sundays, so you can extend your stay and save more money for yourself.
Southwest vacation packages are not without tickets This means that they send you your plane tickets in the mail and if you lose them, you will have to pay for a new flight. This also means that you cannot check in using your credit card when you arrive at the airport, and to save time, you must go through the assisted check in line.
Hotel: The Wynn
Room type: King Resort
Number of nights: 5 (Thursday to Tuesday)
# of people: 2
flight: San Jose, CA to Las Vegas (Direct)
Price: A total of $ 800 ($ 400 per person)
Dates: June 17, 2010 to June 22, 2010
Hotels in Vegas are the most expensive from Thursday to Saturday and June is a very popular time for people to go to Vegas. There were many events this weekend, including the World Series of Poker, a North American poker event and an MMA fight to name a few. Weekend prices in Wynn can easily be over $ 200 a night, and flights from San Jose to Vegas are about $ 150 each, so I got the rooms at less than 50% of their normal prices.
Searching through a third party travel site is a great way to find hotel deals. I prefer kayaking because it searches a lot of other websites like Orbitz and Priceline, but usually Orbitz has the cheapest prices. To find the cheapest hotel you are ready to stay in, simply enter your travel dates and sort by price. If you want a specific hotel, the kayak is still a good place to look for low prices and all you have to do is enter the name of the hotel.
1. Kayak hotel prices include estimated taxes. The reason for this is due to taxes and fees associated with the third party website. Orbitz is right about their fees, but often other kayak sites don’t ask, so please don’t assume you’ll get the price. Make sure you double-check the final price of the site you chose to buy from.
2. When booking through third party sites, it is not always guaranteed how many beds your room will have. If you need twin beds, check your hotel’s website to make sure they offer twin beds for your room type and call the hotel to request a twin room a few days after booking. The worker will usually be more than happy to help you and is very likely to get two beds at check-in.
1. Orbitz almost always has promotional codes that you can enter during booking to save $ 25 to $ 75 depending on the length of your stay. The best deal I’ve seen is a 15% discount on each stay, but it was only available for 72 hours.
2. Hotel taxes are usually based on how many people are staying in the room. If you say you have 2 people staying in the room instead of 3 or 4, you can save a lot of money on fees.
Room type: Tower room
Number of nights: 5 (Friday to Wednesday)
# of people: 2
Price: $ 225
Dates: May 23, 2008 to May 28, 2008 (Weekend Remembrance Day)
This deal is pretty good considering it was Remembrance Day weekend. I found a kayak deal and booked through Orbitz. I also had a promotional code of $ 75 for a 5-night hotel stay, which made this deal even better.
Almost every Las Vegas Strip hotel has a social media employee who hears about their latest deals. This means that if you follow every hotel on Twitter, you are bound to see great prices on offer. Sometimes tweeted links are only advertised on Twitter, so this is a legitimate source for finding deals. I’ve seen $ 20 priced at Hard Rock and $ 24 at Excalibur.
5. Sign up for each hotel’s email list
Some of the best deals can be sent directly to your email address. If you don’t mind MGM spam, Palazzo and the Venetian send a lot of deals via email. Often these emails will have special links where you can book the hotel at a lower price than if you just go to the hotel’s main website. These deals can also include free extras such as a slot game, discount tickets, club tickets and more.
Hotel: The Venetian
Room type: Venetian luxury
Number of nights: 4 (Sunday to Thursday)
# of people: 2
Dates: July 11, 2010 to July 15, 2010
Price: $ 476
$ 119 a night is pretty good for a Venetian apartment. Not only that, but it included extras like $ 40 from Phantom tickets, $ 10 from your account at Lagasse Stadium, a line to the LAVO nightclub and $ 25 in slot credits.